We are always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
If you are interested in learning more about employment opportunities with Trailside Creative, please check out our job listings, or reach out to us through our Contact Page. We’re always happy to have a conversation.
Open Career Opportunities:
Business Development Manager
Learn about the Biz Dev Role
Trailside Creative, LLC is seeking a Business Development Manager for a permanent position starting in December.
This position will be for the greater Austin, Texas area and will include in-person and remote work. All in-person work will follow CDC guidelines. The ideal candidate will be prepared to participate on a small team, but as an independent self-starter with collaborative guidance. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the industrial design process for a variety of projects including softgoods, hardgoods and safety equipment. Further, a strong candidate will have a self-starter nature and experience in business to business sales.
We are looking for an individual who is experienced in account management or business development, and passionate about supporting a team that develops outdoor products that have a user experience focus. We are a collaborative team that switches gears quickly, and does whatever is required to achieve our goals. We work together to produce high quality products and experiences, starting with the client’s experience.
Skills you'll need to bring:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to adapt to changes in the business environment quickly
- Ability to focus on client needs with a commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to identify and resolve problems through recommending and implementing creative solutions
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen and market insight
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize Customer Relationship Management Systems and/or related tools
- Knowledge of current sales trends, best practices / methodologies within the staffing & workforce solutions industries
- Proficient with Google products, including Docs, Sheets, Slides and Gmail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of the Industrial Design Industry and Product Development is strong a plus
About Trailside Creative
Trailside Creative is an Industrial Design firm for hire that specializes in products for the outdoor industry. We started with a passion for the outdoors centered around hiking, camping and biking. What started as a passion grew into an obsession that quickly included the gear that was used for these and other outdoor activities. As the years continued, an understanding that we could not only use the products that push us outside, but that we could design these products ourselves brought our company to life. Today we focus on designing amazing user experiences, striving to meet and exceed our clients expectations. To this day we find that the most inspiring, innovative, and compelling designs still come from time spent outside. As a company we strive to make a positive impact on the community with the projects we help produce.
Our Design Philosophy:
Our Design philosophy is to keep our focus on creating honest and authentic user experiences.
Approach each design challenge holistically, with a focus on crafting elegant solutions to honest problems
.When designing a product, we consider every element - physical or digital- from the very beginning. This allows us to align the brand identity, user requirements and aesthetic design details together to create cohesive user experiences that resonate with target consumers.
What you’ll do with us
- Identify sales opportunities and consultatively sells services to new clients
- Partner with clients to define strategic objectives
- Develop client-specific strategies aimed at developing a product in line with their vision
- Build upon existing relationships and increases company contacts
- Regularly conduct sales meetings with clients
- Develop effective relationships with key client contacts
- Negotiate new client contracts, renewals, extensions and amendments
- Build and maintain subject matter expertise on industry trends, market activities and competitor strategies
- Recommend and assist with implementing service improvements
- Establish and maintain a network of industry contacts through participation in professional/trade associations and other professional networking organizations/events
- Assist in the establishment of sales, pricing and marketing strategies
- Assess the effectiveness of strategies and recommends changes and best practices
- Produce, analyze and communicate sales forecasts and other related reports to key stakeholders
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
Minimum of two (2) years of sales related experience
Previous experience in the staffing and/or human resources solutions industries is highly desirable
Willingness and ability to travel, primarily to industry trade shows and conferences, is required
Current documentation to work in the United States
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.